5 REASONS WHY WEIGHT LOSS HYPNOSIS WORKS
Reprogramming Your Relationship With Diet, Proper Nutrition & Exercise
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, 30% of U.S. adults 20 years of age and older—more than 60 million people—are obese. As well, the number of overweight children and teens has tripled since 1980 (see ABC News Article here). Being overweight or obese increases the risk of many diseases and health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Losing Weight Safely & Successfully
Weight loss requires an integrative approach that includes diet, proper nutrition, and exercise. In the long term, combining these basic elements or “lifestyle” choices have proven successful in overcoming weight problems. Yet this approach can require a serious and sustained shift in focus, behavior, and attitude that many find overwhelming. Research evidence shows that hypnosis is a highly effective method for losing weight and maintaining the weight loss (See A Review Of The Significant Research: Evidence On Hypnosis & Weight Loss here).
So exactly how can hypnosis help you overcome the physical, psychological, and emotional challenges necessary to lose weight? How can hypnotherapy alter your emotional relationship with food, and motivate you to embrace fitness and nutrition?
The 5 Ways Hypnosis Helps You Achieve Weight Loss
- Trusting Yourself: Crash diets and appetite suppressants undermine your self-confidence. You have what you need to succeed and hypnosis engages your innate trust and judgment. Finding and maintaining a healthy weight is a matter of balance — just like riding a bicycle, it is easy and effortless once you hit your stride.
- The Trance State: Sugary and fatty foods stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain in the same ways as mood altering drugs, producing a high or ‘trance state.’ Hypnosis is a positive way to alter consciousness and reinforce your commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- Say Goodbye To Cravings: In the same way food and snack advertisements stimulate your appetite through the power of suggestion, hypnosis dispenses your cravings and replaces them with triggers urging healthy dietary choices.
- Connecting Mind, Body & Spirit: Hypnosis awakens the deeper self and shifts perspective on how the mind functions, both in the brain and the body. You consciously connect with your life energy in a way that promotes health, reinforces positive lifestyle decisions, and invites new attitudes about exercise and staying active.
- Self-Hypnosis – Experiencing Is Believing: You will learn to utilize the discipline of self-hypnosis. Studies on psychotherapy patients have shown that those who practiced self-hypnosis lost twice as much weight as those who didn’t, and kept the weight off after treatment (see Oprah.com article here).
Your Weight Loss Transformation
Hypnosis facilitates physiological changes in brainwaves and neural pathways in the body, making you immediately receptive to positive suggestions and affirmations that have previously felt difficult or even impossible for you. Indeed, the idea of what it will take for you to lose weight transforms into a plan of action. And the experience is both pleasant and rewarding—the conviction to challenge unhealthy habits and behavior patterns by dieting, exercising, and practicing proper nutrition—suddenly becomes a compelling force in your life.
If you have questions or wish to find out how Cathexis Therapeutic Imagery can help you, please call (818) 512-4371 or contact us.